Sunday, November 22, 2009

Hmmm, what to write about. It's been long enough that I've forgotton all of those "I need to blog about this" ideas. I suppose I can just put up more pictures . . . that's why people really get on the blog anyway.
Oh, Emilee's 9 month check up happened (over a month ago). She is staying on her growth curves well. She was 28in and 20lbs. The doctor said Emilee is doing good by keeping her weight - normally babies at this time really plateau because they're becoming more active. Well, I think Emilee's always been more active maybe that's why she's still hugging the curve.
Emilee has taken up a new hobby. No longer is she content with just opening and closing things. She has decided that it is fun to pull things out of drawers. She started by pulling things out of her bottom drawer (mostly socks and bibs). Then she pulled out and threw all of Dad's socks while we were getting ready for church. Back to her drawer to completely empty it before being satisfied. Then she got into my drawer inside the closet (it took her all of ten seconds being inside the closet to find it). And, she finally moved on to the kitchen. I'm trying to help her understand the concept of putting things back, but she's not quite willing to learn that yet.

Emilee still loves being outside. She likes to just be out of doors. Not confined. Able to feel like she can do what she wants. New things to see instead of the boring walls of our house. And, she loves going places where she has a whole new audience to fawn over her.
I took Emilee to the park a few weeks back to visit one of my co-workers and her daughter who is a month younger than Emilee. We had a good time, but I wish we could have played longer --- it was just too close to nap time to last for long. It was funny because their outfits were coordinated well, and we didn't even plan for that! Emilee and Bella tried playing a little bit with each other, but mostly they wanted each other's toys, and Emilee tried to steal Bella's mom (forget about me)! My friend got some cute pictures, and we decided both these little girls have very expressive faces to go with their already present personalities. Gotta love them!
Emilee has also been pushing anything she can move around the house. She prefers to push two things at once so she can have something in each hand. Just yesterday, Emilee took 5 steps unassisted. And she did it more than once!!! She walked from the couch to the recliner. From the recliner to Mommy - and back again. Then when Daddy came home she showed him too. And when from Daddy to Mommy and back. True to form, she would not perform for the video camera. What a stinker!!! She'll be ready to show family her new skills at Thanksgiving I hope.

Lastly, bathtime. She loves playing in the bathtub. And, we like playing with her. We tried to get pictures of her first bubble beard.
And, this is Daddy's fave!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

lol! I was just imagining Oliver in our drawers with the bowls and pots. You are a smart one with all of the soft things in the bottom drawers!

Can't wait to see you guys! :)

Brianna Tuckett said...

Very cute :)