Since she had enjoyed that, we've thought we need to get her into another pool. Well, our chance came when I got called off work this Wednesday (WooHoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Britt said we should have a family fun day, and we did.

First, we went to the zoo. We walked around opposite the way we normally do so we could see animals that we sometimes skip over. It was a good idea. We saw some pretty interesting stuff, too. Animals are pretty crazy. One of the best parts was seeing the lions. They usually look half-dead lying in the grass. But, this time the male was lying with his head up looking like a king. And, the female walked around in the grass pretty close to where we were. We told Emilee they were lions and she roared her whisper-like roar. Then I told her they were cats and to say (aka sign) cat. I made the sign and Emilee did it too - that's the first time we've seen her sign cat.
First, we went to the zoo. We walked around opposite the way we normally do so we could see animals that we sometimes skip over. It was a good idea. We saw some pretty interesting stuff, too. Animals are pretty crazy. One of the best parts was seeing the lions. They usually look half-dead lying in the grass. But, this time the male was lying with his head up looking like a king. And, the female walked around in the grass pretty close to where we were. We told Emilee they were lions and she roared her whisper-like roar. Then I told her they were cats and to say (aka sign) cat. I made the sign and Emilee did it too - that's the first time we've seen her sign cat.
We also enjoyed watching the giraffe take a drink . . . such an awkward position. It was fun, and I think Emilee's noticing the animals more than she used to.
Anyway, lots of tangents before getting to the pool. After the zoo, we got lunch from Eegees (yes, we thought about Matthias) and headed over to Britt's parent's home. After eating we thought about scrapping the whole swimming idea because Emilee was tired and needed a nap. In the end, we decided we were just going to do it. We got video footage but no still pictures during the swim (only pre-swim pictures). But you can still see how cute Emilee looked in her SPF protective swimsuit.
Emilee loved the pool!!! But, it was hard convincing her that she can't just be in the pool on her own right now. She did not like the floatation device we had, and she did not like Britt holding her for more than 30seconds at a time. Little stinker. She ended up drinking pool water a few times; luckily she didn't seem to be bothered by it later. We plan on having more adventures like this to teach her how to be safe in the pool.
All in all, we had a great family day and tuckered ourselves out. Sigh. Good times.
3 comments:
How fun!! The girrafe does look pretty funny :) It think every little kid drinks probably gallons of pool water (I know I did!), but the pool sure is fun! Sounds like a fun and rewarding day :)
Holla for fun times! I sooo miss Eegees. I've been thinking about it a lot lately. hmm...I better go make a smoothie.
Aren't babies in the pool so much fun? We've been trying to squeeze in free pool time at our apartment before we move, and Oliver just loves it!
It's always fun for me to read your blogue. It sounds like you had a fun day! Dad made a DVD of pictures which includes Emilee in the pool.
We'll be sending it back with Devin
when he comes home this weekend.
Post a Comment