Sunday, May 30, 2010

This week in the news . . .

Somebody had a birthday this week. It was a pretty nice day - I didn't have to cook any meals. :) Britt had the day off work , and I didn't have to babysit, so we had a nice, fun family day. Britt made me two delicious cakes and invited family and friends over to praise his hard work, er, I mean to celebrate. We didn't think to get pictures of the cake before digging in, so you only get to see the remains. They were both DE-LICIOUS! Cake #1 -- Strawberry Cake # 2 -- Multi-layer chocolate
Anywho, later in the week, I decided it was time to keep up with the Jones' (we'll use that term for anonymity). A friend recently put pigtails in her daughter's hair, and ever since I saw the picture, I thought, "I've got to try that with Emilee. But how am I ever going to get her to hold still long enough?" I decided to just go for it one morning . . . and it worked. I ran for the camera and took lots of pictures just in case it didn't last very long.
What does this mean? It means Emilee's hair is getting long enough that we have to pull it back in some way or it just looks unkempt. Really, it just means our baby is growing up. :( I put her hair in pigtails again today, so this may be a new trend for her. However, they honestly do not stay in place despite my efforts. After napping, wrestling, shaking her head, sitting in the car seat, etc, the controlled back pigtails turn into poof pigtails. This is how she looked later in the day! Still a cutie! And, we love her!

4 comments:

Meagan said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pigtails!

Christensen Family said...

Pigtails are always cute!

Unknown said...

So cute! Emilee's hair is so long and thick! I have to use the teeniest rubber band I can find and wrap it around three times in Eliza's hair and she screams and wiggles around the whole time but it sure is cute.

Brianna Tuckett said...

The pigtails are way cute!! (Even the "after life happens" pigtails!!) Cute little girly :)