The Wednesday before Halloween, Emilee and I went to a party the apartment complex had. She was able to decorate a green (her favorite color to say right now) bucket for trick-or-treating. They also handed out candy and had a costume contest. There were two winners: a school-aged girl and Emilee and I won as a pair (I never would have won if I was by myself - Emilee was the key -- I think all the leasing office people are in love with her cuteness). We got a Target giftcard that I have already spent on Christmas stocking stuffers for Emilee. :)
On Sat, Oct 30, our ward had a dinner/trunk-or-treat. So we all got dressed up for that. It was overwhelming at the beginning, and I even forgot that Melinda and Robbie were meeting us there (and I talked with her right before we left our house). Oh, well. We got to eat some good chili, corn bread, hot dogs, and cookies before heading out to the parking lot. Britt led Emilee around to the different cars. Melinda & Robbie helped take pictures which was really nice - we probably would have only gotten 2 or 3 if it was us taking them. It was fun watching Em once she got the hang of it --- hold bucket up high and people put candy in it. Yes, she realized it was "treats" going in the bucket. I felt bad having her go get candy knowing I don't want her eating it. But I am letting her have one treat a day, so I think she's still getting a good deal. The trunks were also fun to look at, and I made sure that Emilee saw the pumpkins people had. All in all it was a nice evening.
On Halloween afternoon, we decided to let Em help with the pumpkin. We covered our porch in newspaper, preparing for the worst. Emilee did a good job of not being too messy about it. She didn't like the mushy/gooey feeling of the strings and seeds at first, but then she had fun helping. Then Emilee and I came inside, and Britt worked on carving the pumpkin. It was also a pirate to stick with our theme. That night, we went over to our friends' house for dinner. Britt and Andy passed out candy to all the trick-or-treaters until we ran out. Emilee got to play with her friend Mya. And, I got to visit with Michelle. It was a good Halloween.
So, after all that, here is the slideshow of pictures we have. It's the same one that is on Facebook, so you don't have to watch it again, unless you want to.
Oh, yeah. We also decorated Emilee's window. Here is a picture of that. Also Britt working on the pumpkin and the finished product.
4 comments:
Great pictures! I especially like
the ones of Emilee putting her hand
in the pumpkin and putting the lid on. Britt did a great job of carving
the pirate face!
Nice post dear.;)
Emilee wasn't the only extremely cute pirate at the trunk-or-treat party believe ya'lls me. Just look at that hot momma next to her and don't get too jealous of me.
We definetly had a good time. I even got to do a few Jack Sparrow impersonations (which Desi highly discouraged).
Sounds like it was a GREAT Halloween!! :)
What a fun Halloween. We love the pictures!!! We had fun here in Tucson at Nate and Steve's ward. I even managed to kill the car battery while showing off our Halloween Trunk or Treat display!! What a wonderful night!!!
Post a Comment