I keep thinking about updating the blog. And, I keep thinking some more. But, somehow that's not getting it done!
Warning: Lots of words and not many pictures.
Logan is growing so much. I have to remind myself he's only 15 months old. At his check up he was about the 80th percentile across the board!! He's meeting the milestones he should except that he has no desire to give up his bottle (I don't really feel like forcing that one yet). He's teaching me that boys will be boys - falling and bumping his head, then getting up (usually climbing) to do it over again. He had Coxsachievirus right at the 15month mark. Luckily the doctor still saw him and let us know that was what he had. (Britt took Logan to urgent care the day before, and they said he had bilateral ear infections. Turns out they were wrong.) We had a rough few days. Logan let his mouth pool with spit and then dribble out because he refused to swallow (it must have hurt). Then when he got excited to eat, he realized that food hurt him too, and he freaked out at the table pushing everything away. My poor baby!! He also slept poorly so Britt and I took turns sleeping with him (on his floor--not nearly as comfortable as my bed). Luckily it was only bad for part of a week. Then, he started feeling better and started eating again and was much happier.

He loves reading books right now, and he likes reading his favorites a few (okay, many) times in a row. He loves looking for balls in books (anything circular he will call a ball). He will also notice other things if we point them out to him. He is making more animal sounds now. It's cute to see his adaptation of the noises. He opens and closes his mouth for a fish. He clicks his tongue for a duck. And he opens his mouth wide and breaths like a "ha" noise for a monkey. Maybe I'll get those recorded sometime because reading it in text is nothing like seeing it.
He loves reading books right now, and he likes reading his favorites a few (okay, many) times in a row. He loves looking for balls in books (anything circular he will call a ball). He will also notice other things if we point them out to him. He is making more animal sounds now. It's cute to see his adaptation of the noises. He opens and closes his mouth for a fish. He clicks his tongue for a duck. And he opens his mouth wide and breaths like a "ha" noise for a monkey. Maybe I'll get those recorded sometime because reading it in text is nothing like seeing it.
He tries to do everything Emilee does which can be frustrating. He has also created fun things on his own. He plays with the toilet any time I leave the bathroom door open. And, yesterday, when I caught him in there, he was feeding toilet paper straight off the roll into the toilet. What a stinker!! He does a little dance with his feet (more like foot stomp) when he gets excited about things. He loves to express himself with pointing, nodding, and shaking. He especially likes shaking his head no at me 100 times a day; when he really means it, he'll actually say "nuh" to me. Anytime I ask him to say "hi" to someone he does the same thing: smiles really big, tucks his head to one side, and tries to hide behind me. You'd think it would take less effort to just say "hi," but he won't do it.
Emilee has been looking so old to me lately. I see her running around and playing and she looks like such a big girl. Then I see "how" she is playing, and I am reminded she's a three-year-old. She can be so sweet and helpful. Or, she can be completely stubborn or even mean (though, I don't think she fully understands when she's mean). Tonight was one of those sweet times. Logan was screaming when we put him to bed, and Emilee was worried about him. She came out (after we put her to bed) and said that we needed to go check on him to make sure he was okay. Sigh. And, the other day she told me she wanted to change Logan's diaper sometime. I think I just may take her up on that one!
Emilee likes to get her own way and take charge. She likes to tell me she can do things all by herelf (though, some of the time she makes me help her with things she just told me she could do by herself). She is VERY imaginative. She often tells me little stories about her "friends" (usually her stuffed animals), and it's funny how she projects herself/real life onto them. I especially love it when she tries speaking religously. I play along with pretend stuff sometimes, too; she pretends to be Mom Emilee and I am Mom Girl ( I think that's how she says it). She also likes to "dream" about what we can do and will make plans for what to do, who will come, and what we need to take. She notices just about everything around her, unless she is caught up with playing, chasing, or watching TV (she is a movie junkie- though we limit her). 
A friend and I have started to do "school" with our kids (she has a daughter Emilee's age and a son who is 2). We've only met a few times, but the plan is to try once a week. We will switch off who is in charge and who's house we go to. So far it has been a success and the kids have liked the learning things we've done. I am actually really excited about it, but I wish I had more time to find ideas and work on them.
4 comments:
Yeah, you're an awesome mom :)
I seriously think Emilee looks like a model in that picture. She is going to break Daddy's heart all too soon.
Where has time gone...?
Your Emilee sounds just like the stage lyla is in right now, she loves to pretend. Too bad we didn't live closer, lyla would love a little friend to pretend with!
Thanks for putting down your thoughts. I think you will be glad to have some of those things in writing to go along with your memories.
We love the Mehrs! This is definitely a post you will want to read later. Lots of good stories and memories.
Post a Comment