Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Priesthood of God

Hello All. Well, its that time again, another once-in-a-year blog post by yours truly. I know I don't come around that often, but I wanted to share this with anyone who reads.
For those of you who don't know, Desi and I are members of the LDS Church (a.k.a. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a.k.a. Mormons). As part of our theology, we believe that Christ's Church was restored to this earth by a Prophet called of God as was Moses, Abraham, Noah, and all of the other Prophets of old. This Prophet, Joseph Smith, received the authority from God to act in His name. That authority is known as the Priesthood.
I am grateful to know that God's authority is on the earth today and that worthy men can use it to serve and bless the lives of others. I received the authority of the Priesthood from my father and used it in the early hours this morning to bless my young daughter. She became sick yesterday and began running temperatures that we found to be around 101-102.4 degrees.
Early this morning, Desi woke up because Emilee had awakened. When I came out to see the two of them, Em looked miserable and she felt really hot. We gave her some medicine, and then I asked if she wanted a blessing. She actually nodded and said her small "yeah." So, I placed my hands on her head and proffered a blessing of healing as I felt prompted. Her fever broke soon thereafter and she has been a joy today.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

How beautiful! I'm sure Emily was grateful for her Daddy.